Ghostbusters.org

Ghostbusters.net - Your Guide To Ghostbusters Welcome to Ghostbusters.net!
Register | Login
Ghostbusters Ghostbusters II Real Ghostbusters Extreme Ghostbusters
 Home > Message Boards > Prop Replicas > Topic
Subscribe To Thread Pages (2): [1] 2 »
Author slime collector
drthjm
Banned

Joined: Feb 15, 2003

Has anybody made instructions on how to build the slime collector that ray used in the 2nd movie? Or has built one? My gb.net sn is drthjm and my im sn is starwarsfrc and my email address is [email protected]
How much does the New Polar ecto-1 cost? and the d ring on the belt would it work for the rgb toy proton pack? How much did it cost you people to make a pke meter,uniform,and proton pack,and how much time did u put into? i love pics of gb,you can email me some cool ones. smile smile smile

_____________

    Edit 's Post
Some_Guy
Ghosthead

Joined: Nov 18, 2002

I was thinking about making one, Try using a Ladel, a Metal detector, and a fishing reel. Take off the Detector part, and put in the ladel, Then somehow attach the Reel to the side of the handle part of the detector. I dunno if it will work, cause I never made one yet tongue

_____________

Ghostbustin' S.T.A.R.S Officer, ever see one of them before?
   Email Some_Guy  Visit Some_Guy's Homepage  AIM Some_Guy  Get Some_Guy's MSN ID   Edit 's Post
Nethervoid
Ghosthead

Joined: Dec 31, 2001

Dude, what the collector is, is a Neutrona wand. Modified with a retractible ice cream scoop kinda thing, a flashlight mounted above/behind the gun grip by the tip of the gun and the crank is in the right side of the gun i think.
    Edit 's Post
ghostbuster1000
Ghosthead

Joined: Nov 13, 2001

heres is a link to a pic of the wand section of the weapon/tool in question this is not the compleate prop but part of it http://www.gbprops.com/image.php?url=http://www.gbprops.com/ref_images/10/6/78.jpg

_____________

Hay Any one seen a ghost????
   Email ghostbuster1000  Visit ghostbuster1000's Homepage  AIM ghostbuster1000  Send ghostbuster1000 A Yahoo IM   Edit 's Post
drthjm
Banned

Joined: Feb 15, 2003

Thas not true. Its not a neutrona wand. Look at the collector before he goes into the hole. Its on his belt. shocked

_____________

    Edit 's Post
GB_DAN
Ghosthead

Joined: Apr 12, 2002

" How much did it cost you people to make a pke meter,uniform,and proton pack,and how much time did u put into?"

PKE Meter: Iona Shoe Polisher $30, Lights $20, Misc. $15.

Uniform: Custom made by Spectra Props - Free because I own half of the company! tongue

Proton Pack: $450

Estimated time into props: 110 Hours (that doesn't include my Ecto Goggles either)

_____________

++=======================++
PROTON PACK FOR SALE, CLICK HERE!
OhioGhostbusters.com
Visit the Ghostbusters Sound Archive!
   Visit GB_DAN's Homepage   Edit 's Post
GB_DAN
Ghosthead

Joined: Apr 12, 2002

Ok, so Drthjm emails me asking the same question: Are there any plans and has anyone built it.

So I write him back saying, no there are not plans for it and nobody has built it yet.

He replies with this:

"
From: [email protected]
Date: Mon, 3 Mar 2003 13:18:56 EST
Subject: Re: (no subject)
To: [email protected]

i am going too. i have plans and i have talked to dan akroyd. i have his address. and i asked him questions. he has the slime collector at his house so i got pictures and he told me what to use. "

First of all Dan Akroyd has 7 or more houses, so this kid must have the address to the house Dan was staying at when the letter arrived. Could happen, but I don't think he has the prop.

Second: Dan Akroyd was not the prop master for Ghostbusters II so how would he know exactly what the prop was made from???? I mean yeah its one thing to start the research to make this prop, but its another to lie and say Dan Akroyd gave ya pictures and info on how to build it.

Come on guys, I'm not falling for this stuff. I'm really getting tired of immature things like this and I think its a shame to our community as Ghostbusters and Replica Prop Builders.

_____________

++=======================++
PROTON PACK FOR SALE, CLICK HERE!
OhioGhostbusters.com
Visit the Ghostbusters Sound Archive!
   Visit GB_DAN's Homepage   Edit 's Post
ProtonCharger
Banned

Joined: Jul 30, 2001

he knows dan akroyd!!!

man, i have to tell my neighbor bill murray he owes me a hot dog!

anyway, im not a fan of this prop at all, but, this is where customizing comes in. and customizing props is even more fun that real ones.

_____________

Proton Charger - a ninja that has been successfully flipping out, chopping heads off, sometimes flying and stabbing since July 30th 2001, almighty ruler of the world since the beginning of time when he beat ted at on the temple of the almighty ruler club. it was all business.
   Visit ProtonCharger's Homepage  AIM ProtonCharger   Edit 's Post
GB_DAN
Ghosthead

Joined: Apr 12, 2002

Yeah and J'Lo has spent the night at my house before. tongue

_____________

++=======================++
PROTON PACK FOR SALE, CLICK HERE!
OhioGhostbusters.com
Visit the Ghostbusters Sound Archive!
   Visit GB_DAN's Homepage   Edit 's Post
ProtonCharger
Banned

Joined: Jul 30, 2001

you mean, my jennifer is cheating on me with YOU?

man. no wonder why i still dont like you.

_____________

Proton Charger - a ninja that has been successfully flipping out, chopping heads off, sometimes flying and stabbing since July 30th 2001, almighty ruler of the world since the beginning of time when he beat ted at on the temple of the almighty ruler club. it was all business.
   Visit ProtonCharger's Homepage  AIM ProtonCharger   Edit 's Post
Flash1087
Ghosthead

Joined: Jun 10, 2002

Oh, you think that's something?

I'm actually Harold Ramis. Don't tell anyone.

But back on subject, I think it might've been made from a Neutrona Wand base, but with many modifications done to it.

_____________

Proton packs don't bust ghosts...I do.
   Email Flash1087  AIM Flash1087  Get Flash1087's MSN ID   Edit 's Post
ProtonCharger
Banned

Joined: Jul 30, 2001

id like to make a note to everyone in this post..
i got an im from a starwarsfrc defending this yahoo drthjm. stating that i talked to him off the boards(which is a fallacy because there are VERY few people i speak with off the boards because i like very few people here, and i have yet to speak to him), darthjm also notified me to aol. also starwarsfrc stated i was being talked about here. id like to see the post. not only did they insult me, but they peeved me off. so i returned their favor protoncharger style. im thinking this person is the same as drthjm. btw, they stated they were a 43 year old woman.
needless to say good ol pc is a ninja and he will flip out if i get an im from any of these two goons again.

also if you get an im from starwarsfrc, they are not very bright and you shouldnt need to take garbage like that, so warn them as high as you can get and then block them.

edit.
watch for sachette4 as well. imed me about packs. right after i blocked starwarsfrc.

editagain:
gbdan is good for something. i read an email that he recieved from drthjm. starwarsfrc is infact drthjm and i kind of figured that. anyway, i dont take crap. which is something they should have thought before they imed me.

_____________

Proton Charger - a ninja that has been successfully flipping out, chopping heads off, sometimes flying and stabbing since July 30th 2001, almighty ruler of the world since the beginning of time when he beat ted at on the temple of the almighty ruler club. it was all business.
   Visit ProtonCharger's Homepage  AIM ProtonCharger   Edit 's Post
JESUSFREAK
Moderator

Joined: Jul 17, 2001

Mindless Moron tongue

This is why people intrested in props stay at ASAP, GB DAN wink

_____________

-JESUSFREAK
"Praise the Lord and pass the particle throwers!"
Got Questions About Building Props? Click here!
   Email JESUSFREAK  Visit JESUSFREAK's Homepage  Add JESUSFREAK To ICQ List  AIM JESUSFREAK  Send JESUSFREAK A Yahoo IM  Get JESUSFREAK's MSN ID   Edit 's Post
GB_DAN
Ghosthead

Joined: Apr 12, 2002

JesusFreak- I agree... and the newbs who go to ASAP quickly learn from BConan31 to read before asking and usually never come back because they realize we take this stuff seriously as prop builders. tongue

ProtonCharger- Thanks man!

_____________

++=======================++
PROTON PACK FOR SALE, CLICK HERE!
OhioGhostbusters.com
Visit the Ghostbusters Sound Archive!
   Visit GB_DAN's Homepage   Edit 's Post
d_osborn
Ghosthead

Joined: Aug 01, 2001

ahhh.... asap, how i love thee, let me count the ways.....
ONE ONE THOUSAND
TWO ONE THOUSAND
THREEEEE ONE THOUSAND....

(roger rabbit mode OFF) smile

i really need to start posting there more. as for the slime collector, i might have some upclose bts pics of it. i'll check this weekend.

_____________

click to view the OSBORN ARCHIVE!
GHOSTBUSTERS, BACK TO THE FUTURE, TEENAGE MUTANT NINJA TURTLES, X-MEN, SPIDER-MAN, and MORE!

   Email d_osborn  Visit d_osborn's Homepage  AIM d_osborn  Send d_osborn A Yahoo IM  Get d_osborn's MSN ID   Edit 's Post
JESUSFREAK
Moderator

Joined: Jul 17, 2001

Haha, now he wants the mods to delete his post tongue And mine too...Does he realise I am a mod? tongue

Seriosly, don't come here and lie, then try to weasle your way out of it.

-JESUSFREAK
"Praise the Lord and pass the particle throwers!"
Got Questions About Building Props? Click here!
   Email JESUSFREAK  Visit JESUSFREAK's Homepage  Add JESUSFREAK To ICQ List  AIM JESUSFREAK  Send JESUSFREAK A Yahoo IM  Get JESUSFREAK's MSN ID   Edit 's Post
Subscribe To Thread Pages (2): [1] 2 »
User Info
7,880 Users
0 Users Online
member rules - about - privacy policy - copyright - ghostbusters links